Welcome to the Susquehanna University Crew Team Blog



What started out as a workout log has quickly turned into a blog dedicated to preserving the history and accomplishments of the Susquehanna University Crew Team. It also exists to provide information and resources for team members to become fitter and smarter athletes, and to gain the motivation and determination necessary to becoming better competitors and teammates.

Welcome and feel free to comment on all things rowing!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Although logging workouts seems to be a very simple action, it is often forgotten. Once several days go by, it is hard to remember what was done on a particular day. After working out for several months, you will feel an unbelievable sense of achievement when flipping through the pages of the log book. You should also notice a sign of improvement. 'Material proof' can be great motivation and will encourage you to keep on going." -- Xeno Muller

11 comments:

  1. I did an hour run today...what did you do Joe Klass? - Nick Corridoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that crew warmup thing, abs, 3 one minute wall sits and then an hour on the tredmill alternating 10 min of running and walking. - Lauren Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and two 5-minute erg pieces -- along with stretching. - Coach Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a 2k on the erg followed by 15 min on a bike ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everyone, today I did a 40 minute run alternating moderate pace and sprinting.

    And just a note, I know it can perhaps be difficult to find extended periods of time to work out and condition especially concerning cardio, however intensity is almost as important as training time. If you can find a moment to do something that's high intensity and pushes your heart rate near its max for even small periods of time like 15 or 20 min, it will still be a worth while workout. While this is no substitute for longer cardio sessions its definitely better then nothing and it will increase your conditioning and help you get ready for the 2k season. I Hope everyone is having a great break and Ill see you all in two weeks. -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a two mile run, then 30 minutes on the stair master and then 15 minutes on the bike. Then I did some abs. Then I drank a vitamin water. For my cool down I ran up a hill, but I got to walk down. Backwards. On my hands. With ankle weights. - Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey everyone! i hope everyones holidays have been going well and there enjoying their break! Im already itching to get back...

    Today I did 20 minutes of blasters on the bike (1 minute easy followed by 1 minute all out at increased resistance) I also did 30 minutes of steady state erging as well as a pull up, push up, sit up and dip pyramid up to ten and back down to one. - Devin

    ReplyDelete
  8. i ran a mile in the freezing cold and did the warm-up
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did someone post my workout for me? _ Angel of Death

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spent an hour walking and erging. I'm teaching my wife to use the erg machine - she's not doing too bad. - Coach Jim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, Christine and I are walking around King of Prussia mall, alternating short bursts of walking and moderate paced browsing! We are at the apple store now! We took the stairs not the elevator!! - Chris C.

    ReplyDelete