Welcome to the Susquehanna University Crew Team Blog



What started out as a workout log has quickly turned into a blog dedicated to preserving the history and accomplishments of the Susquehanna University Crew Team. It also exists to provide information and resources for team members to become fitter and smarter athletes, and to gain the motivation and determination necessary to becoming better competitors and teammates.

Welcome and feel free to comment on all things rowing!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hola Amigos! Que pasa?

Hola amigos! I have just returned from an amazing week with friends in Miami, Mexico, and Belize and am ready to get back to work, coaching, and blogging! Just to prove my love and affinity for the water and rowing, I spend 5 nights on a cruise ship, erged three times (on a sweet new Model E!), paddle boated and jumped on a water trampoline in the ocean, went cave tubing, and took a ride on a catamaran. I also got to go ice skating, zip lining through the jungle, and did so many other fun things. Did I mention my old coxswain was on the trip with me?

Yet I am so excited to get back into my launch with the team and to get to row again this summer. Since this marks the end of my exciting Spring Break trips, I thought that I would do a final farewell picture recap of SU Spring Break before moving on to the racing season.

Here I am coxing the BEYOND AWESOME new Vespoli DS V1 on the last day of Spring Break. You can also see the lovely Tess Graham.

Freshmen Chris Ballway(1) and Justin Yedibalian (2)

Chris Chizeck during his first time in the single.

Chris Chidzik once more.

Sarah Hawk (1), Megan Butts (2), Lauren Seamon (3), Christine Magee (4), and coxswain Justin Yedibalian

Stroke Tomas Prestamo and coxswain Rob Penaherrara

Paula Trinchera (1), Erica Mall (2), Lauren Moore (3), Kate Strangfeld (1), and coxswain Chris Chizeck


Here is a time progression of our Men's 8 on the last day of Spring Break. They start out looking pretty good: I saw solid rhythm, early squaring, and nice hand levels...

Then they got a little tired and had to take a nap... Or maybe they were just sunning themselves. Your guess is as good as mine.

Then they turned into bandits or ninjas or some other shirtless band of mercenaries...

Rob Penaherrara (1), Nick Fritz (2), John Adams (3), Devin Thomas (4), Stephen Hyde (5), Tomas Prestamo (6), Joe Klass (7), James Hendershot (8), and coxswain Jon Fellin.

Overall, it was a trip to remember with good friends, good times, and even better water!

Erika Mall

Lauren Seamon and Megan Butts

Our hard working trailer loading team...

No comments:

Post a Comment